Ivo Petrić - Curriculum Vitæ
Ivo Petrić - born 1931 in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Music studies at Ljubljana Academy of Music - composition and conducting (1958).
Artistic director and conductor of the Ensemble "Slavko Osterc" - over 130 first performances/concerts and recordings of contemporary music all over Europe (1962-82).
Editor-in-chief of Edicije DSS, Ljubljana for contemporary Slovenian music (1970 - 2002).
Artistic director of Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra(1979-95).
Over 190 compositions for symphonic orchestra, chamber music and solo pieces.
Prizes and Awards - selection:
- 1975 Wienianwski International Competition (Poznan, Poland): 1st prize for Sonata for solo violin
- 1979 Uwharie Duo Competition (USA): 1st prize for Contacts between Clarinet and Percussion
- 1984 Oscar Espla Competition (Alicante, Spain): 1st prize for Symphonic poem The Picture of Dorian Gray
- 2001 Kozina Prize - Slovenian Composer's Association for six string quartets
- 2008 honorary member of Slovenian Philharmonic
- 2013 honorary member of Slovenian Composer's Association
- EdicijeDSS, Ljubljana
- Edition Peters, Leipzig
- Musikverlage Hans Gerig, Cologne
- Breitkopf & Härtel, Wiesbaden
- Deutscher Verlag für Musik, Leipzig
- Sovjetskij Kompozitor, Moscow
- Edizioni Musicali Pizzicato - Udine, Italy - Switzerland
Member of numerous juries - selection:
- Premio Trieste (Italy) for composition
- Henryk Wieniawski (Poland)
competition for violin - composition and performing - four times
- Janos Ferencsik (Hungary) for conducting - three times
- Jeunesses Musicales (Belgrade) for composition
- Valentino Bucchi (Rome) for composition
- World Music Days 2003 - Ljubljana